Top Chef and Food Network personality Michael Symon is hitting the road this summer to bring us some of the best burgers, ice-cold beers, and smoky-good BBQ
from different restaurants in cities across the nation. Concentrating on the metropolitan N.Y. area, Nashville, and areas of Ohio (including Cleveland where Symon grew up), Symon digs in deep to the local hometown joints where you can grab a beer and a burger and find pleasures in the simplicity of tradition.
Over the course of six episodes, we get a glimpse of some spectacular food and have a ball with Symon and some of his Food Network friends.
• Sweet and unique dessert burgers in Ohio
• Spicy pepper-laced burgers take the heat in Hell’s kitchen, N.Y
• Create-you-own burger joint in Nashville
• Brunch burgers topped with fried egg and onion rings in Cleveland
• Ethnic food meets home brew in Ohio
• Bottomless beer selections paired with the ultimate hot dog in Manhattan
• House-made brews and pub food in Cleveland
• Pulled-pork Mac & Cheese in Tennessee
• Carolina whole-hog smoked in Brooklyn
• Barbeque Brontosaurus beef rib in N.Y.
• Spicy-hot chicken in Nashville
• Bobby Flay visits for crazy BBQ in N.Y.
• Mario Batali shows up at a classic NYC burger joint
• Alex Guarnaschelli throws one back with Symon at Manhattan beer spot
Symon chats and eats with many chefs, restaurant owners, and friends along the way as he gets to know the story behind the creation. His personality is big and welcoming and watching him on the road makes you want to hop in the car with him. Aside from owning 6 restaurants, Symon is also an Iron Chef, co-host of the talk show The Chew, and has authored several cookbooks.