Bringing Your BBQ Game To The Big Game
Baseball season is in full swing, and football exhibition games will be slated to begin at the end of the summer, so it’s time to get your tailgating plans all laid out! A great tailgate is part of a great game, and even if you don’t have tickets to get into the main event, there is something of a perfect summertime Americana feel about hanging out in the lot with a charcoal grill going and listening to the game on the radio! If you plan to take your grill on the road to your local baseball stadium, football stadium, or small-time sports event, there are a few things you’ll want to make sure you bring along! The supplies you’ll need to make your tailgate a success are:
- Charcoal grill – You won’t be able to cart your gas number all the way down to the stadium, so it’s best to invest in a smaller charcoal option perfect for bringing along during travel. These small grills can be found in a vast array of different sizes and functions, so any charcoal preference can really be met when searching for one of these!
- Tongs – Never flip with a fork, and tongs will make it easy to keep your meat heated evenly on your charcoal grill without incident. Make sure to invest in tongs long enough to use comfortably with the size of your grill.
- Thermometer – Charcoal grills can be notoriously challenging to keep heated evenly, so make sure to bring a thermometer along just in case. With a thermometer, you can gauge how cooked your meat is and if it needs to be placed on a warmer or cooler part of the grill.
- BBQ Sauce – It can be tough to cart along rubs when you’re tailgating, so we at BBQ Bros often recommend opting for a sauce instead for your tailgate party.
- Basting brush – Since you’re taking your sauce along, make sure to have a basting brush handy so you can layer sauce on before you take your meat off the grill and avoid unwanted caramelization.
Leave a comment