Smoking your own salmon may sound a little intimidating for you first timers, but you will see it is actually very easy and probably one of the easiest recipes to follow along with on our website. All we are going to do today lads to get a deliciously sweet, smoked salmon is: brine, smoke and chow down!
YOU WILL NEED A SMOKER. Next blog will be how to use your smoker, stay tuned.*
Follow directions below
Purchase BBQ BRO’S TEXAS STYLE Here.
- Remove all fish bones with your handy dandy fish bone tweezers from bottom to top.
- Place half fish or fillet onto a piece of tin foil. Be sure fish is skin side down.
- Make sure to pat dry salmon.
- You are going to now apply a dry brine to your salmon. 40% Brown Sugar, 40% BBQ BRO’S TEXAS STYLE, 20% Sea Salt. I recommend mixing this concoction in a bowl before hand.
- Rub the mixture onto salmon and let it brine for 2 hours in the fridge. You do not need to apply the salt, sugar and rub to the skin side.
- After two hours pat dry once again and begin to pre-heat the smoker.
- Pre-heat smoker to 220 degrees.
- Use preferred wood chips, but alder for this particular sweet smoked salmon is a very good choice.
- Make sure salmon is in indirect heat with skin side down on tin foil.
- Smoke until salmon’s internal temperature has reached 140 degrees
- Let rest for 10-15 and enjoy!