Steak lovers all want a juicy, tender steak with a light crispy crust. Sometimes we use just a skillet, sometimes just a grill, but this method of cooking a steak incorporates both the smoker and a cast iron skillet. The smoker makes the steak juicy and the cast iron skillet will be the finishing touch on the outer cut of the steak. Be sure to get your BBQ BRO’S RUBS and steaks ready, because we are about to get smokin’! Try pairing BBQ BRO’S RUBS with oak, cherry or apple chips! You will not be disappointed!
- Light up the smoker. Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F. Load your smoke chamber with your preferred chips.
- Season the steaks with your favorite BBQ BRO’S RUBS seasoning. Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel then butter them up and season on both sides.
- Place your steak on the grates of your smoker and smoke the meat until the steaks reach your desired internal temperature (115 degrees for rare, 125 for medium rare, 135 for medium, 145 for medium well and 155 for well).
- Preheat a cast iron skillet. Remove the steaks from the grill and preheat your skillet over high heat. Coat the bottom of the skillet with a high heat oil, I like to use avocado oil.
- Sear the steaks for approximately 2 minutes per side. Continue to cook the steaks until they reach the final desired doneness (125 degrees for rare, 135 degrees for medium rare, 145 degrees for medium, 155 degrees for medium well, and 165 degrees for well done).
- Rest the steaks for 15 minutes and serve.