Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner I thought I'd share an awesome BBQ BRO’S RUBS turkey stuffing recipe. We all know that the turkey is the most important part of Thanksgiving dinner, but second to the turkey is hands down the stuffing and yes, perhaps the gravy as well, but for the sake of this blog we are going to focus on this delicious stuffing recipe.This is a traditional stuffing recipe with apples and dried cranberries. Be sure that you have all of your herbs and seasonings ready, because good stuffing always depends on the amount of flavor that is put into it. This recipe calls for 3-4 cups chicken broth, but feel free to also use the run-off juice from your roasted turkey! To make things easier, this recipe calls for the use of a baking oven, but you may also bake this stuffing inside of your grill with hickory chips added into your smoker! Enjoy!
- 2 small yellow onions diced
- 4 stalks celery diced
- ⅔ cup butter
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- 2 apples cored and diced.
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- 12 cups bread cubes
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh herbs. (dried sage, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, garlic). If you do not have all of these herbs and spices pick a poultry seasoning along with an Italian seasoning, that should do the trick.
- 1 teaspoon BBQ BRO’S RUBS California Style Rub.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, apples, celery and 80% of your herbs, or if you are using a seasoning add in your poultry and Italian seasonings. Cook over medium-low until tender (do not brown), about 10-12 minutes.
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl. Add onion mixture, parsley, dried cranberries and the rest of the fresh herbs along with BBQ BRO’S California Style rub into the bowl.
- Pour broth overtop until cubes are moist (but not soggy) and gently toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in a serving dish, dot with additional butter and cover.
- Bake 35 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes.