BBQ BRO Beer Braised Pot Roast.
Beer Braised Pot Roast
- One 4-pound chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons BBQ BROS Texas Style
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 cups beef stock or low-sodium broth
- 12 ounces amber beer
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Season the roast with @BBQBROS “Texas Style Rub” and dust with flour. In a medium Dutch oven, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the roast; cook over moderate heat, turning, until browned all over, 20 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook the pancetta in the same Dutch oven. Add the onion and garlic to the pot.
- Add the stock, beer and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Return the meat to the pot, cover and transfer to the oven. Braise for 2 1/2 hours or until tender, turning once halfway through.
- Transfer the roast to a plate.
- Remove veggies and bacon with slotted spoon and enjoy!