TEXAS STYLE BBQ BRO’S SAUCE RECIPE
The boys over at BBQ BRO’S want our fellow grillers to know about our delicious home-made barbecue sauce recipes too! So we thought “hey why not share a few of our favorite sauce recipes to go with our premium collection of BBQ rubs right here on our website,” I mean who doesn’t like to pair their rub with a delicious sauce, am I right? Now a couple of important things to know before making your BBQ sauce; are you sweet and sour kind of guy? Or a savory and smoky kind of dude? Once you’ve figured that out - and take your time, there is no rush - if the recipe doesn’t quite hit the ol’ taste buds just right, you may have added a little too much vinegar and sugar OR not enough paprika and pepper for your liking. But for the consideration of this blog recipe we are keeping it traditional. Today we are sharing a recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation, so without further ado, we are going to get goin' on this classic Texas BBQ sauce recipe!
BBQ BRO’S TEXAS STYLE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons butter.
- 1 15 oz can plain tomato sauce.
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar.
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar.
- 2 tablespoons molasses.
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce.
- ½ red onion (chopped).
- 1 teaspoon celery powder.
- 2 teaspoons of garlic.
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard.
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Throw all of the ingredients except butter, molasses and brown sugar into a blender and blend until texture in smooth. Heat a medium skillet and add butter. After the butter is melted, add in your concoction from the blender and proceed to add your molasses and brown sugar. Let all of the ingredients simmer on low-medium heat for 18-20 minutes. Enjoy y’all!