Fried Shrimp BRO’ Boy Sandwich.
Fried Shrimp Po’ Boy
- 1-½ lb. (about 36 each) medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, remove tails
- 2 tablespoons BBQ BROS New Orleans Rub
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Canola oil for deep-frying
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 Italian rolls, split
- ¼ cup Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat your oil to 350 degrees.
- Season shrimp with 1 tablespoon @BBQBROSRUBS “New Orleans Rub”.
- Add the rest of the rub to the flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together.
- In another separate bowl, add the cornmeal.
- Add your shrimp to bowl of buttermilk, dredge in flour, coat in the eggs, then coat in the cornmeal.
- Fry your shrimp in batches until they are golden. About 4 minutes each batch.
- Open Italian rolls and spread cut sides with mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes, lettuce, pickles, and shrimp. Serve with hot sauce, if desired.